Charity tin stolen from Hatfield pub
CALLOUS thieves have deprived wounded British soldiers of around �50 after pinching a charity collection tin from a pub.
The heartless crooks swiped the tin from the bar in the Horse and Groom, in Park Street, Old Hatfield, at some point between 11pm on Saturday and 4pm on Monday.
Chef Gillian Wood described the thieves as “callous” and “selfish”.
She added: “It is wrong, when our soliders go through so much to take from them.”
A police spokeswoman said: “Enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets