Charity tin stolen from Hatfield pub
CALLOUS thieves have deprived wounded British soldiers of around �50 after pinching a charity collection tin from a pub.
The heartless crooks swiped the tin from the bar in the Horse and Groom, in Park Street, Old Hatfield, at some point between 11pm on Saturday and 4pm on Monday.
Chef Gillian Wood described the thieves as “callous” and “selfish”.
She added: “It is wrong, when our soliders go through so much to take from them.”
A police spokeswoman said: “Enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision