Charity makeup extravaganza coming to Welwyn Garden City
THE “ultimate makeup experience” is being offered at a WGC college with makeovers, photo shoots, haircuts and makeup lessons ongoing to raise funds for charity this Friday (May 21).
The Makeup Extravaganza at Oaklands College, on The Campus, will help raise funds for Cancer Research UK Relay For Life.
A luxury skin preparation supplied by the John Lewis Clarins team will be on offer, alongside fantasy face painting, haircuts for gents and even a special effects makeup table for people how would like to get a TV casualty makeover.
Oaklands makeup lecturer, Matt Johnson, believes the majority of women, with a little effort and some tips on application techniques can look fabulous.
He said: “There is a common misconception that fashionable makeup is for the young and beautiful, - anyone can look fantastic with the right makeup and all ladies attending the day can be assured that we adhere to the highest health and safety standards as we have recently installed crack proof glass in all our mirrors!
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really excited about this event and plan to raise well over �1,000 with my students.”
He added: “The calibre and professionalism of the students this year is very high.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“They have produced some outstanding examples of makeup artistry and are one of the best groups of makeup artists to graduate from our course to date.”
There will also be a VIP area with champagne and cupcakes and a �250 raffle prize with luxury goodies donated by The Body Shop, Clarins and Bijou, from the Galleria, in Hatfield.
Prices of treatments start from �5, with the makeover and photo shoot being �10.
Call the Oaklands Oasis Salon on 01727 737604 to book your appointment.
*Relay For Life is an overnight track event that honours cancer survivors and celebrates life.
For more information visit www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/