Charity concert at Steamer as part of Welwyn festival
A CHARITY gig will take place in Welwyn tomorrow (Saturday) as part of the village s annual festival week. The event, at The Steamer pub in London Road, is being held to raise money for the Chrysalis School for Autism. The gig will be headlined by WGC roc
A CHARITY gig will take place in Welwyn tomorrow (Saturday) as part of the village's annual festival week.
The event, at The Steamer pub in London Road, is being held to raise money for the Chrysalis School for Autism.
The gig will be headlined by WGC rockers Morning Glory.
Guitarist and songwriter Dean Swift said: "It is a great way to end the Welwyn Festival with a fantastic night of pure rock 'n' roll."
You may also want to watch:
Dean is joined in the band by David Freeman (vocals), James Deans (rhythm guitar), Jack Lawrence (drums) and Elliott Oakley (bass).
Formed in January 2009, they list Oasis, The Enemy, The Jam and The Sex Pistols among their influences and recently had their song All Believe recorded by Lakeland Record Ltd.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
Morning Glory will be joined at The Steamer by Londoners Revolve, Hatfield rockers The Radars and WGC-based outfit Bluesmith.
The gig starts at 5pm and finishes at 10pm.
Entry is free although any donations for the Chrysalis School will be most welcome.
For more information about Morning Glory, visit www.myspace.com/bandmorningglory