Charity concert at Steamer as part of Welwyn festival
A CHARITY gig will take place in Welwyn tomorrow (Saturday) as part of the village s annual festival week. The event, at The Steamer pub in London Road, is being held to raise money for the Chrysalis School for Autism. The gig will be headlined by WGC roc
A CHARITY gig will take place in Welwyn tomorrow (Saturday) as part of the village's annual festival week.
The event, at The Steamer pub in London Road, is being held to raise money for the Chrysalis School for Autism.
The gig will be headlined by WGC rockers Morning Glory.
Guitarist and songwriter Dean Swift said: "It is a great way to end the Welwyn Festival with a fantastic night of pure rock 'n' roll."
You may also want to watch:
Dean is joined in the band by David Freeman (vocals), James Deans (rhythm guitar), Jack Lawrence (drums) and Elliott Oakley (bass).
Formed in January 2009, they list Oasis, The Enemy, The Jam and The Sex Pistols among their influences and recently had their song All Believe recorded by Lakeland Record Ltd.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Morning Glory will be joined at The Steamer by Londoners Revolve, Hatfield rockers The Radars and WGC-based outfit Bluesmith.
The gig starts at 5pm and finishes at 10pm.
Entry is free although any donations for the Chrysalis School will be most welcome.
For more information about Morning Glory, visit www.myspace.com/bandmorningglory