Charity car wash for Welwyn Garden City youngster
FIREFIGHTERS will be washing cars on Saturday to help raise cash for a WGC youngster.
Crews will be outside their Bridge Road East station from 10am to 4pm with their buckets and sponges.
They hope to raise cash to help buy a specially-adapted sports wheelchair for Mitchell Gosling, of Little Ley.
The 16-year-old, who was born with cerebral palsy, has ambitions to play for Evergreens, a powered wheelchair football team based in Watford.
Mitchell’s dad Neil Simson will be DJ-ing throughout the event. There will also be a raffle, and it’s not too late to donate prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com or contact the fire station on 01707 343500 with donations.
And don’t forget to get your car cleaned, too!
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM