Charity car wash for Welwyn Garden City youngster
FIREFIGHTERS will be washing cars on Saturday to help raise cash for a WGC youngster.
Crews will be outside their Bridge Road East station from 10am to 4pm with their buckets and sponges.
They hope to raise cash to help buy a specially-adapted sports wheelchair for Mitchell Gosling, of Little Ley.
The 16-year-old, who was born with cerebral palsy, has ambitions to play for Evergreens, a powered wheelchair football team based in Watford.
Mitchell’s dad Neil Simson will be DJ-ing throughout the event. There will also be a raffle, and it’s not too late to donate prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com or contact the fire station on 01707 343500 with donations.
And don’t forget to get your car cleaned, too!
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend