Charity car park for Welwyn Garden City girl
IF you're driving into WGC town centre today (Saturday), park at Oaklands College and help send a severely disabled girl on the trip of a lifetime. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression
IF you're driving into WGC town centre today (Saturday), park at Oaklands College and help send a severely disabled girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in development.
It means she cannot walk or talk.
She is also due to have major surgery to correct a curve in her spine.
You may also want to watch:
But before her op, a group of mums - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise the �5,000 needed to send the little girl and her family, of The Commons, WGC, to Disneyland Paris.
Today they are running a charity car park at Oaklands College, off The Campus. Parking costs �1, with the money going towards Charlie's trip.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield