Charity car park for Welwyn Garden City girl
IF you're driving into WGC town centre today (Saturday), park at Oaklands College and help send a severely disabled girl on the trip of a lifetime. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression
IF you're driving into WGC town centre today (Saturday), park at Oaklands College and help send a severely disabled girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in development.
It means she cannot walk or talk.
She is also due to have major surgery to correct a curve in her spine.
You may also want to watch:
But before her op, a group of mums - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise the �5,000 needed to send the little girl and her family, of The Commons, WGC, to Disneyland Paris.
Today they are running a charity car park at Oaklands College, off The Campus. Parking costs �1, with the money going towards Charlie's trip.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 3 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight