Charity bands night at Welwyn Garden City pub
MUSIC spanning the decades – from the Beatles to Kings of Leon – is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC. Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
MUSIC spanning the decades - from the Beatles to Kings of Leon - is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC.
Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
The night has been organised by Sarah Somers in aid of the Willow Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support and The Children's Trust.
All three are chosen charities of Hatfield-based firm Computacenter, where Sarah works.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old is no stranger to charity efforts, having trekked the Great Wall of China with work pals last October, for which she hosted a number of local fundraising events.
Sarah, of Nursery Gardens, WGC, said: "I did a bands night last year at the same venue which went really well.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
"We raised over �700 for charity, so I'm hoping to get the same sort of amount this year."
The night gets under way in The Green Room - the pub's upstairs music venue - at 7.30pm.
Tickets, available at the door, cost �4 before 8pm, or �5 after.