Charity bands night at Welwyn Garden City pub
MUSIC spanning the decades – from the Beatles to Kings of Leon – is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC. Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
MUSIC spanning the decades - from the Beatles to Kings of Leon - is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC.
Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
The night has been organised by Sarah Somers in aid of the Willow Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support and The Children's Trust.
All three are chosen charities of Hatfield-based firm Computacenter, where Sarah works.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old is no stranger to charity efforts, having trekked the Great Wall of China with work pals last October, for which she hosted a number of local fundraising events.
Sarah, of Nursery Gardens, WGC, said: "I did a bands night last year at the same venue which went really well.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
"We raised over �700 for charity, so I'm hoping to get the same sort of amount this year."
The night gets under way in The Green Room - the pub's upstairs music venue - at 7.30pm.
Tickets, available at the door, cost �4 before 8pm, or �5 after.