Charity bands night at Welwyn Garden City pub
MUSIC spanning the decades – from the Beatles to Kings of Leon – is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC. Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
MUSIC spanning the decades - from the Beatles to Kings of Leon - is on the cards at a charity bands night in WGC.
Covers group Passo Says Smile and retro funk band Coox n Hoox will be performing at tonight's (Saturday) gig at The Doctors Tonic in WGC.
The night has been organised by Sarah Somers in aid of the Willow Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support and The Children's Trust.
All three are chosen charities of Hatfield-based firm Computacenter, where Sarah works.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old is no stranger to charity efforts, having trekked the Great Wall of China with work pals last October, for which she hosted a number of local fundraising events.
Sarah, of Nursery Gardens, WGC, said: "I did a bands night last year at the same venue which went really well.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 What time will the election results come in?
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
"We raised over �700 for charity, so I'm hoping to get the same sort of amount this year."
The night gets under way in The Green Room - the pub's upstairs music venue - at 7.30pm.
Tickets, available at the door, cost �4 before 8pm, or �5 after.