Changes to hospital access from today
PATIENTS from Times Territory travelling to the Lister Hospital are being warned of changes from today.
With work on the Stevenage hospital’s new �7.9m multi-storey car park set to start on Monday, changes are being made to roads, entrances and public parking areas.
The main alterations are:
* The current main road entrance off Coreys Mill Lane will be for blue badge holders wishing to use designated parking bays and for drop off only;
* Pedestrian access into the hospital from Coreys Mill Lane, including the bus stop area, will remain unchanged;
You may also want to watch:
* Majority of traffic entering and leaving the main hospital site using the entrance on North Road, close to Stevenage rugby club;
* The majority of public parking being sited in the staff car park at the rear of the hospital, with new walkways and signage to support patients and their visitors driving to and from the Lister.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
NHS trust chief executive Nick Carver said: “It is inevitable that disruption may be caused to some people coming to the hospital – for which we apologise in advance.”
You can see a map of the changes by clicking on the link above right.