Chance to lend a hand at Shaw's Corner
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years? The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers. There are a few ro
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years?
The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers.
There are a few roles going spare, including greeting visitors and caring for the three-and-a-half acre garden.
There is also a full calendar of events where volunteers are needed, such as the summer festival, family activity days and conservation days.
You may also want to watch:
House manager Kathy Lintin said: "It's an extraordinary place, with some incredible contents, among them his Oscar, woollen bathing suit and dentures!
"We need the right people to provide a warm welcome for our visitors and make sure their experience is as amazing as the house.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
"We couldn't operate without the support of our volunteers."
A volunteer preview day will take place tomorrow (Thursday) between 11am and 4pm.
For more information call 01438 820307 or email email@example.com