Chance to lend a hand at Shaw's Corner
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years? The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers. There are a few ro
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years?
The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers.
There are a few roles going spare, including greeting visitors and caring for the three-and-a-half acre garden.
There is also a full calendar of events where volunteers are needed, such as the summer festival, family activity days and conservation days.
House manager Kathy Lintin said: "It's an extraordinary place, with some incredible contents, among them his Oscar, woollen bathing suit and dentures!
"We need the right people to provide a warm welcome for our visitors and make sure their experience is as amazing as the house.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 3 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 4 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 5 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
"We couldn't operate without the support of our volunteers."
A volunteer preview day will take place tomorrow (Thursday) between 11am and 4pm.
For more information call 01438 820307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org