Chance to lend a hand at Shaw's Corner
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years? The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers. There are a few ro
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years?
The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers.
There are a few roles going spare, including greeting visitors and caring for the three-and-a-half acre garden.
There is also a full calendar of events where volunteers are needed, such as the summer festival, family activity days and conservation days.
You may also want to watch:
House manager Kathy Lintin said: "It's an extraordinary place, with some incredible contents, among them his Oscar, woollen bathing suit and dentures!
"We need the right people to provide a warm welcome for our visitors and make sure their experience is as amazing as the house.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
"We couldn't operate without the support of our volunteers."
A volunteer preview day will take place tomorrow (Thursday) between 11am and 4pm.
For more information call 01438 820307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org