Chance to lend a hand at Shaw's Corner
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years? The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers. There are a few ro
DO you like the sound of working at the Edwardian house where Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw lived for nearly 50 years?
The management at Shaw's Corner, the National Trust property in Ayot St Lawrence, is appealing for volunteers.
There are a few roles going spare, including greeting visitors and caring for the three-and-a-half acre garden.
There is also a full calendar of events where volunteers are needed, such as the summer festival, family activity days and conservation days.
You may also want to watch:
House manager Kathy Lintin said: "It's an extraordinary place, with some incredible contents, among them his Oscar, woollen bathing suit and dentures!
"We need the right people to provide a warm welcome for our visitors and make sure their experience is as amazing as the house.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
"We couldn't operate without the support of our volunteers."
A volunteer preview day will take place tomorrow (Thursday) between 11am and 4pm.
For more information call 01438 820307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org