Chain reaction for Welwyn Garden City charity’s sponsored walk
A POPULAR charity fundraiser is undergoing a revamp.
The Chain Walk has been a popular event on WGC-based Isabel Hospice’s calendar since it began in 2001.
Now, for its 11th year, it is set to change – with a little help from two keen hospice supporters.
Godfrey Skinner and Jeremy Waldron are in the process of walking all 19 routes the event offers around the hospice’s catchment area, with a view to refreshing each one.
A hospice spokeswoman said: “They are using their local knowledge and experience of walking to make suggestions on how to improve the attractiveness of the walks and are including notes for each one.
You may also want to watch:
“They would welcome anyone who wants to join them as they revamp the routes over the next few months.”
The spokeswoman added: “We are very excited to hear the ideas Godfrey and Jeremy will come up with once they have covered all 19 walks.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The 2011 Chain Walk will take place on Sunday, September 18.
If you want to join Godfrey and Jeremy on any of their travels, or want more information about the main event itself, call hospice fundraising co-ordinator Katie Robertson on 01707 382500.