Chain reaction for Welwyn Garden City charity’s sponsored walk
A POPULAR charity fundraiser is undergoing a revamp.
The Chain Walk has been a popular event on WGC-based Isabel Hospice’s calendar since it began in 2001.
Now, for its 11th year, it is set to change – with a little help from two keen hospice supporters.
Godfrey Skinner and Jeremy Waldron are in the process of walking all 19 routes the event offers around the hospice’s catchment area, with a view to refreshing each one.
A hospice spokeswoman said: “They are using their local knowledge and experience of walking to make suggestions on how to improve the attractiveness of the walks and are including notes for each one.
You may also want to watch:
“They would welcome anyone who wants to join them as they revamp the routes over the next few months.”
The spokeswoman added: “We are very excited to hear the ideas Godfrey and Jeremy will come up with once they have covered all 19 walks.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The 2011 Chain Walk will take place on Sunday, September 18.
If you want to join Godfrey and Jeremy on any of their travels, or want more information about the main event itself, call hospice fundraising co-ordinator Katie Robertson on 01707 382500.