Celina goes it alone in online business
A YEAR ago, Celina Wilson had a comfortable, well-paid job as a media management consultant in London.
She worked long hours, leaving home early in the morning and not returning until the evening, spending a bit of time with husband Cliff and young son Matthew before going to bed and starting again.
By January 2009, she’d become bored of the rat race and was looking for a new challenge.
But what? Since Matthew was born in 2001, Celina had been making natural, organic creams and beauty products for her family, having become dissatisfied with what was available on the high street for treating eczema, which Matthew suffered from.
Friends had often told her that her products were good enough to go into business with, but until then something had always held her back.
You may also want to watch:
“I had too many excuses for not doing it,” said Celina, 40.
“I was too comfortable with my corporate job, and also, how would I be able to compete with the big names in the industry?”
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
She needn’t have worried. Since November, having quit her job, Celina has been working from her home in Station Road, Digswell, operating two successful online shops selling her completely natural beauty products; Jarde, for women, and Boosily, for girls aged three to 12.
“I am absolutely over the moon, I can’t believe I’ve done it,” Celina said.
“The response to my products has been amazing. I went out of stock for most of my product range during Christmas!”
She added: “I’d love to share my story to every mum or woman out there that has a dream of setting up their own business. I’d tell them: “you CAN do it, go for it,”. The year is young, so make it your resolution.”