Celebrating 100 years of guiding at Hatfield House
MORE than 500 girls and women marked 100 years of guiding with a celebration at Hatfield House.
Rainbows, brownies, guides and senior section members from across Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, joined the central division’s centenary event.
The youngsters aged from five upwards took part in an afternoon of activities ranging from hook-the-duck to maypole dancing.
Many also joined their leaders dancing to the latest hits with a disco, before taking part in a traditional guiding sing-song around the blazing campfire.
The event ended with a fireworks display and every girl was given a souvenir wind-up torch.
You may also want to watch:
Division commissioner Liz Dabbs said: “It was a good way to celebrate the beginning of the guiding centenary.
“Everyone had a really great time, and enjoyed the camp fire, fireworks and juggler, who juggled with luminous balls when it got dark.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar