Celebrating 100 years of guiding at Hatfield House
MORE than 500 girls and women marked 100 years of guiding with a celebration at Hatfield House.
Rainbows, brownies, guides and senior section members from across Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, joined the central division’s centenary event.
The youngsters aged from five upwards took part in an afternoon of activities ranging from hook-the-duck to maypole dancing.
Many also joined their leaders dancing to the latest hits with a disco, before taking part in a traditional guiding sing-song around the blazing campfire.
The event ended with a fireworks display and every girl was given a souvenir wind-up torch.
You may also want to watch:
Division commissioner Liz Dabbs said: “It was a good way to celebrate the beginning of the guiding centenary.
“Everyone had a really great time, and enjoyed the camp fire, fireworks and juggler, who juggled with luminous balls when it got dark.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season