Celebrating 100 years of guiding at Hatfield House
MORE than 500 girls and women marked 100 years of guiding with a celebration at Hatfield House.
Rainbows, brownies, guides and senior section members from across Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, joined the central division’s centenary event.
The youngsters aged from five upwards took part in an afternoon of activities ranging from hook-the-duck to maypole dancing.
Many also joined their leaders dancing to the latest hits with a disco, before taking part in a traditional guiding sing-song around the blazing campfire.
The event ended with a fireworks display and every girl was given a souvenir wind-up torch.
You may also want to watch:
Division commissioner Liz Dabbs said: “It was a good way to celebrate the beginning of the guiding centenary.
“Everyone had a really great time, and enjoyed the camp fire, fireworks and juggler, who juggled with luminous balls when it got dark.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog