Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight at event in Welwyn Garden City
AN event to celebrate the award of Fairtrade Borough status to Welwyn Hatfield is to take place in WGC. At the Howard Centre on Saturday, Welwyn Hatfield mayor Michael Long will be joined by
AN event to celebrate the award of Fairtrade Borough status to Welwyn Hatfield is to take place in WGC.
At the Howard Centre on Saturday, Welwyn Hatfield mayor Michael Long will be joined by pancake tossers and Latin American dancers to help mark Fairtrade Fortnight.
The event, which is being organised by the Welwyn Hatfield Fairtrade Group, will also feature a banana quiz and stalls selling a range of Fairtrade goods.
Gill Penfold, co-ordinator for the group, told the WHT: "We are also holding a poster competition open to schools, young people's groups and all young people, to celebrate the fact that we are a Fairtrade borough.
You may also want to watch:
"There are four age categories and the winning entry in each will receive a tasty Fairtrade prize generously donated by Waitrose Ltd in WGC."
To enter the competition, which is open to under-18's and closes on April 3, go to www.welwynhatfieldfairtrade.org.uk, call 01707 321 853, or collect an entry form from the Oxfam shop in Fretherne Road, WGC.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’