Celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight at event in Welwyn Garden City
AN event to celebrate the award of Fairtrade Borough status to Welwyn Hatfield is to take place in WGC. At the Howard Centre on Saturday, Welwyn Hatfield mayor Michael Long will be joined by
AN event to celebrate the award of Fairtrade Borough status to Welwyn Hatfield is to take place in WGC.
At the Howard Centre on Saturday, Welwyn Hatfield mayor Michael Long will be joined by pancake tossers and Latin American dancers to help mark Fairtrade Fortnight.
The event, which is being organised by the Welwyn Hatfield Fairtrade Group, will also feature a banana quiz and stalls selling a range of Fairtrade goods.
Gill Penfold, co-ordinator for the group, told the WHT: "We are also holding a poster competition open to schools, young people's groups and all young people, to celebrate the fact that we are a Fairtrade borough.
You may also want to watch:
"There are four age categories and the winning entry in each will receive a tasty Fairtrade prize generously donated by Waitrose Ltd in WGC."
To enter the competition, which is open to under-18's and closes on April 3, go to www.welwynhatfieldfairtrade.org.uk, call 01707 321 853, or collect an entry form from the Oxfam shop in Fretherne Road, WGC.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas