CCTV image released in search for ‘hit and run’ driver
- Credit: Archant
Police today (Tuesday) released a CCTV image of a car officers want to trace following a suspected hit-and-run crash in Welwyn.
A 19-year-old cyclist was rushed to hospital with shoulder injuries on Friday.
The collision happened shortly before 2.10pm when the car, a blue five-door Vauxhall Astra, turned right out of Lower Mardley Hill onto Mardley Hill by the North Star pub.
The cyclist had been coming down the hill.
A statement from police said the Astra did not stop at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe it would have been damaged in the crash.
The cyclist was released from hospital later on Friday.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
Anyone with information has been urged to call PC Felicity Moody by calling 101, quoting ISR 369 of May 16.