CCTV appeal after purse-dipping in Welwyn Garden City
A CCTV image has been released featuring a man police would like to trace following a purse-dipping at a supermarket in Welwyn Garden City.
A 72-year-old woman from the town was shopping at Sainsbury’s in Church Road when, sometime between 12pm and 12.30pm on October 15, she was approached by a man who asked her to reach up for an item on a high shelf.
As she did so it is believed the crook took the woman’s purse out of her handbag.
He then fled with the purse, which contained cash and cards.
Police investigating the incident have released this image of a man who was in the supermarket around the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Joe Clapham said: “We would like to speak to this man as he may have witnessed the incident or have information that is vital to our investigation.
“If this is you, or you believe you know this man, please get in touch with me by calling the non-emergency number 101 and quoting crime reference B1/12/2879. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM