Cashpoint raid foiled in Brookmans Park
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to break into a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter. At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to steal cash from a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter.
At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in Brookmans Park by a resident who called the police.
A police helicopter, which had been patrolling the area, spotted the pair, who quickly ran off empty-handed.
The cashpoint was left badly damaged, and police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident in Bradmore Green or has any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The first offender was wearing a dark hoody top and dark tracksuit bottoms, of slim build and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall.
The second man was wearing a light hooded top, dark tracksuits bottoms and was around 6ft tall.
- 1 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 2 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 8 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 9 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 10 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.