Cashpoint raid foiled in Brookmans Park
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to break into a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter. At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to steal cash from a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter.
At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in Brookmans Park by a resident who called the police.
A police helicopter, which had been patrolling the area, spotted the pair, who quickly ran off empty-handed.
The cashpoint was left badly damaged, and police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident in Bradmore Green or has any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The first offender was wearing a dark hoody top and dark tracksuit bottoms, of slim build and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall.
The second man was wearing a light hooded top, dark tracksuits bottoms and was around 6ft tall.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.