Cashpoint raid foiled in Brookmans Park
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to break into a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter. At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to steal cash from a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter.
At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in Brookmans Park by a resident who called the police.
A police helicopter, which had been patrolling the area, spotted the pair, who quickly ran off empty-handed.
The cashpoint was left badly damaged, and police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident in Bradmore Green or has any information to come forward.
The first offender was wearing a dark hoody top and dark tracksuit bottoms, of slim build and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall.
The second man was wearing a light hooded top, dark tracksuits bottoms and was around 6ft tall.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 4 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Meet your officers at Friday’s Welwyn Garden City event
- 8 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 9 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.