Cashpoint raid foiled in Brookmans Park
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to break into a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter. At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in
A COUPLE of would-be-thieves were foiled in their attempts to steal cash from a cash machine after being spotted by a police helicopter.
At 1.55am on Thursday, July16, two men were seen trying to break into the ATM at the post office branch in Brookmans Park by a resident who called the police.
A police helicopter, which had been patrolling the area, spotted the pair, who quickly ran off empty-handed.
The cashpoint was left badly damaged, and police are appealing to anyone who saw the incident in Bradmore Green or has any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The first offender was wearing a dark hoody top and dark tracksuit bottoms, of slim build and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall.
The second man was wearing a light hooded top, dark tracksuits bottoms and was around 6ft tall.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.