Cashpoint for closed Welwyn Garden City post office
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep. A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close. Manager of Handside Post
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep.
A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close.
Manager of Handside Post Office before its closure, Richard Edlin, said: "We have been negotiating for this replacement ATM for three months now, and at last it has come to pass.
"The new machine will come into use on March 12. We have invited the mayor to cut the ribbon.
"This is another step taken to fulfil my promise that we would continue providing as extensive a service as we can.
"Although we are again providing a letter and parcels posting service, unfortunately we are not allowed to provide pension or benefit payments. We suggest that Handside residents use the Shoplands post office for those - the queues are shorter than those at the town centre post office."
- 1 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 5 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 6 New live music venue proposed for Howardsgate
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 More cash for safer cycling and walking schemes in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Church proposes new extension to meet future needs
Chairman of protest group the Council of War, Dr Dennis Lewis said "I am delighted this cash service has been reinstated by Richard Edlin. I know how useful it will be to residents in the Handside area.