Cashpoint for closed Welwyn Garden City post office
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep. A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close. Manager of Handside Post
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep.
A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close.
Manager of Handside Post Office before its closure, Richard Edlin, said: "We have been negotiating for this replacement ATM for three months now, and at last it has come to pass.
"The new machine will come into use on March 12. We have invited the mayor to cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
"This is another step taken to fulfil my promise that we would continue providing as extensive a service as we can.
"Although we are again providing a letter and parcels posting service, unfortunately we are not allowed to provide pension or benefit payments. We suggest that Handside residents use the Shoplands post office for those - the queues are shorter than those at the town centre post office."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 8 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
Chairman of protest group the Council of War, Dr Dennis Lewis said "I am delighted this cash service has been reinstated by Richard Edlin. I know how useful it will be to residents in the Handside area.