Cashpoint for closed Welwyn Garden City post office
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep. A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close. Manager of Handside Post
RESIDENTS living in the west side of WGC will once again have a cashpoint on their doorstep.
A new cash machine is being installed outside Huttons at Marsden Road. The old one was removed when the post office was forced to close.
Manager of Handside Post Office before its closure, Richard Edlin, said: "We have been negotiating for this replacement ATM for three months now, and at last it has come to pass.
"The new machine will come into use on March 12. We have invited the mayor to cut the ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
"This is another step taken to fulfil my promise that we would continue providing as extensive a service as we can.
"Although we are again providing a letter and parcels posting service, unfortunately we are not allowed to provide pension or benefit payments. We suggest that Handside residents use the Shoplands post office for those - the queues are shorter than those at the town centre post office."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Chairman of protest group the Council of War, Dr Dennis Lewis said "I am delighted this cash service has been reinstated by Richard Edlin. I know how useful it will be to residents in the Handside area.