Cars stolen off driveways after owners leave engines running
A BMW X5 was stolen on Monday morning after its owner left the car to get warm on its drive.
Police believe an opportunistic thief took the car from Hill Rise, Cuffley, at around 7.40am.
Just an hour later another car was pinched in the village, again off the driveway of its owner in Tolmers Road.
The silver Smart car was also left with the engine running.
Sgt Nat Landau said: “Don’t make it easy for thieves – never leave your vehicle unattended with the keys easily available.
You may also want to watch:
“Your back may be turned for just a few moments, but it only takes seconds for them to drive away with your car.”
Witnesses to either incident should call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average