Cars stolen off driveways after owners leave engines running
A BMW X5 was stolen on Monday morning after its owner left the car to get warm on its drive.
Police believe an opportunistic thief took the car from Hill Rise, Cuffley, at around 7.40am.
Just an hour later another car was pinched in the village, again off the driveway of its owner in Tolmers Road.
The silver Smart car was also left with the engine running.
Sgt Nat Landau said: “Don’t make it easy for thieves – never leave your vehicle unattended with the keys easily available.
You may also want to watch:
“Your back may be turned for just a few moments, but it only takes seconds for them to drive away with your car.”
Witnesses to either incident should call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline