Cars stolen off driveways after owners leave engines running
A BMW X5 was stolen on Monday morning after its owner left the car to get warm on its drive.
Police believe an opportunistic thief took the car from Hill Rise, Cuffley, at around 7.40am.
Just an hour later another car was pinched in the village, again off the driveway of its owner in Tolmers Road.
The silver Smart car was also left with the engine running.
Sgt Nat Landau said: “Don’t make it easy for thieves – never leave your vehicle unattended with the keys easily available.
You may also want to watch:
“Your back may be turned for just a few moments, but it only takes seconds for them to drive away with your car.”
Witnesses to either incident should call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week