Carnival of sound as Scottish Kids storm the Marquee
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop to Hertford. The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vo
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of "honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop" to Hertford.
The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vocals, bass).
Formed in St Andrews in 2004, the group, who are influenced by Teenage Fanclub, Manson and Mogwai, have supported a number of established artists including KT Tunstall, Glasvegas and King Creosote.
To date they have released four singles, namely Smash Hits, Couldn't Dance, Second Time Around and I Don't Have The Heart For This.
You may also want to watch:
Their debut LP is due to hit record stores later this year, although an exact release date has yet to be confirmed.
Kid Canaveral will be at The Marquee on Wednesday, March 11.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
Tickets for the over-16 gig cost �5 and are available on the door.
For more information on the band, visit www.myspace.com/kidcanaveral or www.kidcanaveral.co.uk