Carnival of sound as Scottish Kids storm the Marquee
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop to Hertford. The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vo
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of "honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop" to Hertford.
The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vocals, bass).
Formed in St Andrews in 2004, the group, who are influenced by Teenage Fanclub, Manson and Mogwai, have supported a number of established artists including KT Tunstall, Glasvegas and King Creosote.
To date they have released four singles, namely Smash Hits, Couldn't Dance, Second Time Around and I Don't Have The Heart For This.
You may also want to watch:
Their debut LP is due to hit record stores later this year, although an exact release date has yet to be confirmed.
Kid Canaveral will be at The Marquee on Wednesday, March 11.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
Tickets for the over-16 gig cost �5 and are available on the door.
For more information on the band, visit www.myspace.com/kidcanaveral or www.kidcanaveral.co.uk