Carnival of sound as Scottish Kids storm the Marquee
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop to Hertford. The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vo
SCOTTISH alt rockers Kid Canaveral will be bringing their own brand of "honest, rounded and unpretentious indie pop" to Hertford.
The four-piece are David MacGregor (vocals, guitar), Dan Sheedy (drums), Kate Lazda (vocals, guitar) and Rose McConnachie (vocals, bass).
Formed in St Andrews in 2004, the group, who are influenced by Teenage Fanclub, Manson and Mogwai, have supported a number of established artists including KT Tunstall, Glasvegas and King Creosote.
To date they have released four singles, namely Smash Hits, Couldn't Dance, Second Time Around and I Don't Have The Heart For This.
You may also want to watch:
Their debut LP is due to hit record stores later this year, although an exact release date has yet to be confirmed.
Kid Canaveral will be at The Marquee on Wednesday, March 11.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
Tickets for the over-16 gig cost �5 and are available on the door.
For more information on the band, visit www.myspace.com/kidcanaveral or www.kidcanaveral.co.uk