Car torched in Welwyn Garden City linked to teenager’s murder
A CAR found torched in WGC on Friday could be linked to a murder in North London the previous night.
Police said the silver/grey Fiat Punto, found ablaze on a public footpath joining Handside Lane and The Old Drive, was seen leaving Stoke Newington shortly after a 19-year-old man was attacked.
Michael McCarthy was stabbed and then run over during a row with two men near his home in Yoakley Road at 11pm on Thursday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fire crews in WGC were called to deal with the Fiat blaze at 3.15pm on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Now the Metropolitan Police are keen to speak to anyone who saw it, either after the murder or before it was set alight.
The car’s registration was WN06 BVE.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
Detective chief inspector John Macdonald said: “Did you see or hear anything suspicious?
“I urge anyone that has information that can assist this investigation to contact us.”
Call the incident room at Barking police station on 020 8345 3985.
* Two men in their 20s have been arrested in connection with the murder inquiry. They are currently in police custody.