Car torched in Welwyn Garden City linked to teenager’s murder
A CAR found torched in WGC on Friday could be linked to a murder in North London the previous night.
Police said the silver/grey Fiat Punto, found ablaze on a public footpath joining Handside Lane and The Old Drive, was seen leaving Stoke Newington shortly after a 19-year-old man was attacked.
Michael McCarthy was stabbed and then run over during a row with two men near his home in Yoakley Road at 11pm on Thursday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fire crews in WGC were called to deal with the Fiat blaze at 3.15pm on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Now the Metropolitan Police are keen to speak to anyone who saw it, either after the murder or before it was set alight.
The car’s registration was WN06 BVE.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Detective chief inspector John Macdonald said: “Did you see or hear anything suspicious?
“I urge anyone that has information that can assist this investigation to contact us.”
Call the incident room at Barking police station on 020 8345 3985.
* Two men in their 20s have been arrested in connection with the murder inquiry. They are currently in police custody.