Car stolen in robbery found burnt out
A CAR stolen in a violent robbery was found partially burnt out in Northaw.
A 22-year-old man was punched in the face and had his car stolen in the attack, in the early hours of Tuesday last week.
The victim parked his car outside the Tesco Express in High Street, Waltham Cross, at 12.10am to use the cashpoint.
While at the ATM, he was attacked by the hooded thug, who punched him in the face and took his car keys.
The robber then fled in the victim’s car, a silver Audi A3 convertible, in the direction of Monarch’s Way. The car was found abandoned, having been set alight, in bushes along Carbone Hill, Northaw, later in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, from Waltham Cross, suffered cuts and bruising to his face.
Police described the suspect as a white man, 5ft 11ins tall and of slim build.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
He was wearing black jogging bottoms and a hooded jumper with a black scarf covering his face.
Pc Ciaran Andrews said: “We believe that two cars drove past while the offence was occurring and I would like to appeal for the drivers or the passengers of these vehicles to contact police.
“I’d also like to hear from any residents of the High Street who believes they may have seen the offender prior to or while the offence was occurring.”
Police also appealed for anyone who saw the car being abandoned in Northaw to get in touch.
Anyone with information should call Pc Ciaran Andrews on 0845 33 00 222.