Car overturns in Tewin
A CAR is on its roof after crashing in a country lane this morning (Monday).
An elderly women was involved in the accident at around 10.40am near the goods entrance to Tewin Bury Farm on Churchfield Road.
The 75-year-old and a 45-year-old woman were in a blue Renault Megane and were given first aid at the scene.
Five fire crews attended the scene, along with paramedics from the ambulance services.
One eyewitness said: “It’s really slippery, the roads haven’t been gritted.”
You may also want to watch:
This one of many crashes reported today.
Other incidents include crashes at College Lane and Birchwood Avenue, both in Hatfield, Swanland Road and Tollgate, both in Welham Green and Digswell Road in WGC.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
A police spokesman said: “Drivers are advised to take extra care on the roads across the county today with the icy weather conditions.
“Before moving off ensure your vehicle’s windows are frost-free and fully demisted.
“Slow down and keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front. Braking and manoeuvring gently help to avoid skidding.”