Car overturns in Tewin
A CAR is on its roof after crashing in a country lane this morning (Monday).
An elderly women was involved in the accident at around 10.40am near the goods entrance to Tewin Bury Farm on Churchfield Road.
The 75-year-old and a 45-year-old woman were in a blue Renault Megane and were given first aid at the scene.
Five fire crews attended the scene, along with paramedics from the ambulance services.
One eyewitness said: “It’s really slippery, the roads haven’t been gritted.”
You may also want to watch:
This one of many crashes reported today.
Other incidents include crashes at College Lane and Birchwood Avenue, both in Hatfield, Swanland Road and Tollgate, both in Welham Green and Digswell Road in WGC.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
A police spokesman said: “Drivers are advised to take extra care on the roads across the county today with the icy weather conditions.
“Before moving off ensure your vehicle’s windows are frost-free and fully demisted.
“Slow down and keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front. Braking and manoeuvring gently help to avoid skidding.”