Car overturns in Tewin
A CAR is on its roof after crashing in a country lane this morning (Monday).
An elderly women was involved in the accident at around 10.40am near the goods entrance to Tewin Bury Farm on Churchfield Road.
The 75-year-old and a 45-year-old woman were in a blue Renault Megane and were given first aid at the scene.
Five fire crews attended the scene, along with paramedics from the ambulance services.
One eyewitness said: “It’s really slippery, the roads haven’t been gritted.”
You may also want to watch:
This one of many crashes reported today.
Other incidents include crashes at College Lane and Birchwood Avenue, both in Hatfield, Swanland Road and Tollgate, both in Welham Green and Digswell Road in WGC.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 5 What time will the election results come in?
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
A police spokesman said: “Drivers are advised to take extra care on the roads across the county today with the icy weather conditions.
“Before moving off ensure your vehicle’s windows are frost-free and fully demisted.
“Slow down and keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front. Braking and manoeuvring gently help to avoid skidding.”