Car overturns in Tewin
A CAR is on its roof after crashing in a country lane this morning (Monday).
An elderly women was involved in the accident at around 10.40am near the goods entrance to Tewin Bury Farm on Churchfield Road.
The 75-year-old and a 45-year-old woman were in a blue Renault Megane and were given first aid at the scene.
Five fire crews attended the scene, along with paramedics from the ambulance services.
One eyewitness said: “It’s really slippery, the roads haven’t been gritted.”
You may also want to watch:
This one of many crashes reported today.
Other incidents include crashes at College Lane and Birchwood Avenue, both in Hatfield, Swanland Road and Tollgate, both in Welham Green and Digswell Road in WGC.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
A police spokesman said: “Drivers are advised to take extra care on the roads across the county today with the icy weather conditions.
“Before moving off ensure your vehicle’s windows are frost-free and fully demisted.
“Slow down and keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front. Braking and manoeuvring gently help to avoid skidding.”