Car in Welwyn Garden City lagoon
A CAR has been abandoned in the lagoon off Mundells in WGC.
The blue Ford Fiesta is partially submerged.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene shortly after 8am today (Friday).
Fire crew commander from WGC station Andy Hall said: “We received reports a car was found in the lake off Mundells.
“When we got there it looked like it had been abandoned.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The initial 999 call said a car was submerged under the water and it was not clear if anyone was inside.
“Thankfully on our arrival there were no occupants found and we were not required.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
A police spokeswoman added: “There was nobody in the vehicle, we don’t know if someone has lost control at the roundabout.”
She said it was too early to tell if the car had been stolen and the vehicle would now be recovered.
One witness said: “The windscreen wipers are still going and the car is submerged up to the door.
“You can tell it has been hotwired as they’ve pulled the wires out.
“It’s extremely unusual for a Friday morning.”