Car in Welwyn Garden City lagoon
A CAR has been abandoned in the lagoon off Mundells in WGC.
The blue Ford Fiesta is partially submerged.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene shortly after 8am today (Friday).
Fire crew commander from WGC station Andy Hall said: “We received reports a car was found in the lake off Mundells.
“When we got there it looked like it had been abandoned.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The initial 999 call said a car was submerged under the water and it was not clear if anyone was inside.
“Thankfully on our arrival there were no occupants found and we were not required.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
A police spokeswoman added: “There was nobody in the vehicle, we don’t know if someone has lost control at the roundabout.”
She said it was too early to tell if the car had been stolen and the vehicle would now be recovered.
One witness said: “The windscreen wipers are still going and the car is submerged up to the door.
“You can tell it has been hotwired as they’ve pulled the wires out.
“It’s extremely unusual for a Friday morning.”