Car in Welwyn Garden City lagoon
A CAR has been abandoned in the lagoon off Mundells in WGC.
The blue Ford Fiesta is partially submerged.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene shortly after 8am today (Friday).
Fire crew commander from WGC station Andy Hall said: “We received reports a car was found in the lake off Mundells.
“When we got there it looked like it had been abandoned.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The initial 999 call said a car was submerged under the water and it was not clear if anyone was inside.
“Thankfully on our arrival there were no occupants found and we were not required.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
A police spokeswoman added: “There was nobody in the vehicle, we don’t know if someone has lost control at the roundabout.”
She said it was too early to tell if the car had been stolen and the vehicle would now be recovered.
One witness said: “The windscreen wipers are still going and the car is submerged up to the door.
“You can tell it has been hotwired as they’ve pulled the wires out.
“It’s extremely unusual for a Friday morning.”