Car crash in busy Potters Bar street
Three people have been hospitalised after a car mounted the pavement in a busy shopping street.
Ambulance crews were called to Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, shortly before 2.15pm today (Saturday).
Several people had called 999 reporting a car mounting the pavement and colliding with several members of the public.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “It appears the car left the road and travelled several feet along the pavement colliding with two pedestrians in its path.
“When the team of paramedics arrived at the scene, they found a man who sustained a fractured ankle and a woman who received facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the car, a man, received injuries to his head.
“Their injuries are not deemed life threatening.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
All three patients were taken to Barnet General Hospital.