Car crash in busy Potters Bar street
Three people have been hospitalised after a car mounted the pavement in a busy shopping street.
Ambulance crews were called to Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, shortly before 2.15pm today (Saturday).
Several people had called 999 reporting a car mounting the pavement and colliding with several members of the public.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “It appears the car left the road and travelled several feet along the pavement colliding with two pedestrians in its path.
“When the team of paramedics arrived at the scene, they found a man who sustained a fractured ankle and a woman who received facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the car, a man, received injuries to his head.
“Their injuries are not deemed life threatening.”
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 5 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 9 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
All three patients were taken to Barnet General Hospital.