Car challenge for Welwyn Garden City motor dealership
FOUR car enthusiasts who work for a Hertfordshire motor dealership will be taking part in a three-day charity driving challenge next week.
James Sawyer, Nick Woolley, Michael Westwood and Andrew Kurland, all of whom work for Marshall Vauxhall, in WGC, are entering the Bangers for BEN event which starts tomorrow.
Participants have to buy a car priced �250 or less and then drive it from Ascot to John O’Groats.
They then return to Brands Hatch, before auctioning the car for as much money as possible.
All money raised goes to BEN, the UK’s automotive industry charity, which provides care and support to employees and dependants in times of need.
You may also want to watch:
James and Nick, who work at Marshall in Swallowfields, have purchased a champagne gold Vauxhall Astra for the challenge.
Read more about this story in this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog