Car challenge for Welwyn Garden City motor dealership
FOUR car enthusiasts who work for a Hertfordshire motor dealership will be taking part in a three-day charity driving challenge next week.
James Sawyer, Nick Woolley, Michael Westwood and Andrew Kurland, all of whom work for Marshall Vauxhall, in WGC, are entering the Bangers for BEN event which starts tomorrow.
Participants have to buy a car priced �250 or less and then drive it from Ascot to John O’Groats.
They then return to Brands Hatch, before auctioning the car for as much money as possible.
All money raised goes to BEN, the UK’s automotive industry charity, which provides care and support to employees and dependants in times of need.
You may also want to watch:
James and Nick, who work at Marshall in Swallowfields, have purchased a champagne gold Vauxhall Astra for the challenge.
Read more about this story in this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital