Cannabis factory raided in Hatfield
A CANNABIS factory in Hatfield was raided by police yesterday (Tuesday).
Around 200 cannabis plants were seized by officers in the swoop at a property in Finch Close at around 12.30pm.
When officers entered the property they found that just under 200 cannabis plants were being grown inside.
Officers removed the plants from the property and they will be destroyed.
A police spokeswoman said: “Hertfordshire Constabulary is committed to keeping drug crime low in the county and the on-going campaign, Operation Crystal, involves working with partner agencies to tackle drugs in Hertfordshire. We need local people to help us build up a picture of drug misuse and drug dealing in communities. Combined with covert and behind-the-scenes police activity we can build the evidence we need to carry out arrest raids and bring drug dealers to justice.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information on drug crime should call police 0845 33 00 222.
* A 25-year-old man from Hatfield was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis. He has been released on police bail until October 5.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses