Candidates clash at Welwyn Hatfield Times election hustings
RESIDENTS packed the University of Hertfordshire’s Forum venue last night as the six candidates vying for your vote on May 6 clashed.
Grant Shapps (Con), Mike Hobday (Lab), Paul Zukowskyj (Lib Dem), Jill Weston (Green), David Platt (UKIP) and Nigel Parker (Ind) fielded questions from the 250 strong audience on a range of subjects, including housing, the future of the QE2 Hospital, incineration, fox hunting and higher education.
The meeting was covered live by on our website at www.whtimes24.co.uk
News editor Chris Lennon provided a running commentary of the proceedings, while online users also joined in the debate.
To replay our live feed from the evening, go to our homepage and click on the election hustings: recorded live section.
You may also want to watch:
In a snap poll, conducted during our live coverage, Mr Hobday most impressed with 59 per cent of the vote. Mr Zukowskyj came second with 18 per cent and Mr Shapps came third with polled 14 per cent.
For a full report of the meeting, see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times, out tomorrow (Wednesday).
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say