Can you help Welwyn Garden City girl's Disney dream?
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in developme
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in development.
It means she cannot walk or talk.
She is also due to have major surgery to correct a curve in her spine.
You may also want to watch:
But before her op, a group of mums - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise the �5,000 needed to send the little girl and her family, of The Commons, to Disneyland Paris.
They are running a charity car park at Oaklands College, off The Campus. Parking costs �1, with the money going towards Charlie's trip.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
Other events Charlie's Angels are looking to organise include a car boot sale, auction and car wash.
Claire Hattam, one of the mums, said: "We are hoping once we raise enough money this young girl and her family can have a much needed holiday.
"We believe she deserves to have a magical fairytale.