Can you help Welwyn Garden City girl's Disney dream?
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in developme
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in development.
It means she cannot walk or talk.
She is also due to have major surgery to correct a curve in her spine.
You may also want to watch:
But before her op, a group of mums - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise the �5,000 needed to send the little girl and her family, of The Commons, to Disneyland Paris.
They are running a charity car park at Oaklands College, off The Campus. Parking costs �1, with the money going towards Charlie's trip.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
Other events Charlie's Angels are looking to organise include a car boot sale, auction and car wash.
Claire Hattam, one of the mums, said: "We are hoping once we raise enough money this young girl and her family can have a much needed holiday.
"We believe she deserves to have a magical fairytale.