Can you help Welwyn Garden City girl's Disney dream?
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime. Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in developme
IF you're popping into town on Saturday and can spare a quid, you can help send a severely disabled WGC girl on the trip of a lifetime.
Eight-year-old Charlie Hall has Rett syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system, which leads to regression in development.
It means she cannot walk or talk.
She is also due to have major surgery to correct a curve in her spine.
You may also want to watch:
But before her op, a group of mums - dubbed Charlie's Angels - are trying to raise the �5,000 needed to send the little girl and her family, of The Commons, to Disneyland Paris.
They are running a charity car park at Oaklands College, off The Campus. Parking costs �1, with the money going towards Charlie's trip.
- 1 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Other events Charlie's Angels are looking to organise include a car boot sale, auction and car wash.
Claire Hattam, one of the mums, said: "We are hoping once we raise enough money this young girl and her family can have a much needed holiday.
"We believe she deserves to have a magical fairytale.