Campervan thieves have ‘ruined’ Welwyn Garden City family’s Christmas
THIEVES who stole a campervan from outside a home have “ruined Christmas” for three young children.
The green Ford Freda was driven away from outside a home in By The Mount, WGC, on Friday morning.
Owner Iain Linton told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “My three children are without a campervan and without a holiday.
“Christmas is coming up and we would normally go round and visit family and stay in the van.
“So we can’t do that now.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Linton said his children, Charlie, Josie and William, aged 10, eight and three, were left devastated at the theft.
And he has been landed with a �400 bill in insurance excess to pay.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 10 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
He also said he had posted leaflets at every house in the street in the hope of snaring the callous crooks.
A police spokesman said: “It was stolen between 1am and 6.25am.
“The van was left locked and secure on the street outside the address.
“The theft is being investigated.”