Campaigner speaks out against plans for incinerator in Hatfield
AN anti-incinerator campaigner has spoken out after Herts county council was given �115m government cash to build the facility. Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem
AN anti-incinerator campaigner has spoken out after Herts county council was given �115m government cash to build the facility.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj has been a vociferous opponent of council plans to build an incinerator at New Barnfield, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
He believes there are other, more suitable locations for the facility, and told the WHT: "Of the sites that were presented, it is the wrong choice."
As for the bidding process, which is set to start next month, he said: "I hope the county council will be receptive of all the alternative sites that are put forward."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zukowskyj also thinks an incinerator is the "wrong choice" in how to dispose of Hertfordshire's waste.
"We do have to do something about landfill - it can't go on like it is at the moment, but there are better methods than incineration," he said.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
"The bio-digestion approach is one that is favoured by green organisations and activists."
Mr Zukowskyj urged residents to sign a Lib Dem petition against the incinerator, which asks the county council to "reconsider the location of the facility".
It can be found at www.campaigns.libdems.org.uk/NewBarnfield