Calling all crossworders!
PUBLISHED: 13:58 06 August 2008 | UPDATED: 21:29 26 October 2009
The crossword in our print edition of August 6 contained the wrong grid. The correct grid is given here, along with the clues. The solution will be printed as usual in next week s Welwyn Hatfield Times (August 13). Apologies to our regular crossworders.
The crossword in our print edition of August 6 contained the wrong grid.
The correct grid is given here, along with the clues.
The solution will be printed as usual in next week's Welwyn Hatfield Times (August 13).
Apologies to our regular crossworders.
Cryptic Crossword No 10,864
1. Memoranda from finance houses have a definite value (4-5)
8. I had shortened a girl's name (3)
9. What those who wish to eat nuts should do first! (3,8)
11. Don't spare what printers use - dip into this (3-4)
12. Uncontaminated eastern food reduced to a pulp (5)
13. Not so much on part of the school timetable (6)
15. He goes for the gold (6)
17. This could eventually make a fine meal (5)
18. Applaud a wage demand, we hear (7)
20. Fortifications obstruct homes (5-6)
22. Look around a compass point for this sign (3)
23. The kind of officer for getting a seat back! (9)
2. Yes, it sounds like the first person (3)
3. Patient attendant (5)
4. Come to grips with the hoisting equipment (6)
5. This provides some understanding for one who moves on the ice (7)
6. Chiefs of computer sections are only nominally in charge (6-5)
7. Grace Lamb upset by a quick message (9)
10. Acknowledges applause, as the fiddler does (5,3,3)
11. Such a script would communicate nothing (9)
14. Exit in the open air (7)
16. What the driver needs in court - it's a ramp (6)
19. From the echo I recognised a vocal group (5)
21. Small number going back to the beginning of Edwardian age (3)