By-election to take place in Potters Bar
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22. It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22.
It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on September 5.
Mr Heywood was also a councillor in the Borehamwood North ward for Hertfordshire County Council and the Hillside ward for Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council so elections for these seats will also be held on October 22.
The deadline for all candidates to register is September 25 and the candidates for all three elections will be announced on September 30.
You may also want to watch:
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm on October 22.
The count will take place later that evening at the civic offices in Borehamwood.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
Poll cards will shortly be sent out with details of your nearest polling stations.
For more information about the elections, call Hertsmere Borough Council on 020 8207 7481.