By-election to take place in Potters Bar
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22. It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22.
It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on September 5.
Mr Heywood was also a councillor in the Borehamwood North ward for Hertfordshire County Council and the Hillside ward for Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council so elections for these seats will also be held on October 22.
The deadline for all candidates to register is September 25 and the candidates for all three elections will be announced on September 30.
You may also want to watch:
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm on October 22.
The count will take place later that evening at the civic offices in Borehamwood.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Poll cards will shortly be sent out with details of your nearest polling stations.
For more information about the elections, call Hertsmere Borough Council on 020 8207 7481.