By-election to take place in Potters Bar
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22. It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on
A BY-ELECTION will take place in Potters Bar on Thursday, October 22.
It has been called to elect a successor to Oakmere councillor Martin Heywood, who died at the age of 56 on September 5.
Mr Heywood was also a councillor in the Borehamwood North ward for Hertfordshire County Council and the Hillside ward for Elstree and Borehamwood Town Council so elections for these seats will also be held on October 22.
The deadline for all candidates to register is September 25 and the candidates for all three elections will be announced on September 30.
You may also want to watch:
Polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm on October 22.
The count will take place later that evening at the civic offices in Borehamwood.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
Poll cards will shortly be sent out with details of your nearest polling stations.
For more information about the elections, call Hertsmere Borough Council on 020 8207 7481.