Pear Tree Post Office reopens at new Welwyn Garden City location
- Credit: Post Office
The Pear Tree Post Office has reopened at a new location in Welwyn Garden City.
Post Office services are now available at the Mini Mart, at 49 Cole Green Lane, WGC, AL7 3PP.
The Post Office counter is alongside the retail counter inside the convenience store situated in the Woodhall shops parade.
This offers 51 hours of Post Office service a week.
Post Office network provision lead Graham Simmons said: “We are delighted to have restored Post Office service to the Peartree Lane area of Welwyn Garden City as we know how important a Post Office is to a community.”
Its opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, and Saturday from 9am to 3pm. The Post Office is closed on Sundays.
A spokesperson for Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council said: “We recognise the importance of the role of the Post Office plays in our community and we are happy to confirm that we agreed to amend the lease of 49 Cole Green Lane to allow our tenant to enter into negotiations with the Post Office.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
"We are really pleased to hear that an agreement has been reached, the details of which have been shared with us by the Post Office, and which can be seen on their website.”
The previous branch at 120 Peartree Lane closed in September 2021 due to the resignation of the operator where the branch was based.
The new branch is located approximately half a mile away from the previously closed Post Office branch.