Beauty and face-painting businesses honoured at awards ceremonies
- Credit: Rachel Baverstock
A Welwyn Garden City face-painting business and a Hatfield beauty business have been honoured at two top awards ceremonies.
Mum-of-two and Welwyn Garden City John Lewis employee Rachel Baverstock has been running her face painting business called 'Paint Party by Rachel' for just over two years.
In that time she has painted the face of The Only Way is Essex star Saffron Lempriere at a birthday party event on the ITV reality drama. But her success does not end there and she has now become a finalist for ‘Best Party Supplier', an award run by the local business, Little Ankle Biters Herts.
Over 12,000 people have nominated 500 businesses across the Herts area, so Rachel thinks to get through to the final stage with just four others is a huge achievement for her small business.
She said: "I had to adapt my business so it was more COVID friendly so I started using my creative skills to offer window painting which was very popular around the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
"This year I have been painting shop windows for businesses that are currently closed with inspiring and uplifting messages to show support and hope to the community through these very difficult times.
"My next venture is to paint colourful birthday signage on residential windows outside for people to enjoy while having to celebrate at home this year.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
She hopes to go back to doing what she "absolutely loves", which is creating smiles and happy memories for all families, soon.
A Hatfield-based business has also been nominated in another award - this time the Hair and Beauty Awards UK as Lash Stylist of the Year and Best Eyelash Extension Salon of the Year.
Elisha Clewlow of Indulge Urself found her salon space in 2017 after starting off at home in 2016
She said: "Pre-COVID, we were a thriving salon team working towards a larger salon space and training in new treatments,
"I have personally won nine awards to date including Training Academy of the Year, Lash Artist of the Year plus others. Obviously, COVID has knocked us back, like so many other salons.
"We are hoping we can open up from restrictions soon and get back to doing what we love."
Voting for Rachel is still running up until February 28 and the public can vote by using the following link: herts.ankle-biters.co.uk/best-party-supplier-in-hertfordshire-finalists-voting.