Shining star Talia celebrates winning business award
- Credit: Zeenat Ahmed-Peto
An award-winning Hatfield businesswoman is celebrating after being recognised as a Shining Star.
Talia Zamora was thrilled to receive a 'Shining Star' accolade at the MumsUnLtd awards ceremony held at the Aubrey Park Hotel in Hemel Hempstead.
Outstanding mumpreneurs who deliver excellent business results while balancing their family needs were recognised in the annual award programme, now in its fourth year.
Mums UnLtd is a national business networking company that supports mums to run successful businesses by providing advice, support and business opportunities.
Debbie Gilbert, author of The Successful Mumpreneur and founder of Mums UnLtd, said: "The Shining Star Awards are all about raising the profile of mumpreneurs who have become the backbone of the UK economy.
"Currently, little is done to showcase their achievements. Huge numbers of women find major issues combining full-time employment with raising a family.
"This has seen a significant rise in the number of women setting up a small business “
This is fitting as Talia is a business strategy coach.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 6 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 7 Schoolchildren get lesson in robotics at University of Hertfordshire
- 8 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
Being the mother of two boys, one of whom is neuro-diverse, has helped Talia understand the challenges faced by ambitious people who are also caring for others.
"I am passionate about supporting women to be financially independent and live a life of personal growth and satisfaction.
"The challenges are increased when you have children."
One of Talia’s clients commented: “When I signed on with TaliaZamora.com everything changed... and quickly. Talia got to know me and my biz.
"She gave me simple actionable steps to build on my strengths and fill in the gaps.“
Talia added: “It was the first business event many of us had attended for well over a year and the organisation was spot on.
"There was such a buzz and I was thrilled to find that TaliaZamora.com won a Shining Star for the second year running.
"This really reinforces my desire to help more people achieve business success.“
Talia is being mentored by Helen Froggett-Thomson, from the University of Hertfordshire/Hertfordshire Growth Hub Mentor scheme.