Businesswoman Tara hoping TLC salon is long-term success
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long. The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green. The salon only opened three weeks
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long.
The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green.
The salon only opened three weeks ago, but Tara said bookings at the London Road studio are filling up nicely.
"I was a bit anxious about taking the big step," said the former Monk's Walk student.
You may also want to watch:
"But I have a good client basis, having lived in the village all my life, and that gave me the courage to do it."
Tara has been in hairdressing since she was 15, and said the experience has stood her in good stead to run her own business.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
"I think my prices are reasonable. I don't overcharge.
"People are happy to pay to get what they want, and I'm starting to see some new faces here."
Tara's mum Karen said: "I can only say that both me and her dad are extremely proud of what she's achieved in such a short amount of time, and at that age.
"She's obviously pretty good at it; people are seeking her out!