Businesswoman Tara hoping TLC salon is long-term success
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long. The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green. The salon only opened three weeks
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long.
The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green.
The salon only opened three weeks ago, but Tara said bookings at the London Road studio are filling up nicely.
"I was a bit anxious about taking the big step," said the former Monk's Walk student.
You may also want to watch:
"But I have a good client basis, having lived in the village all my life, and that gave me the courage to do it."
Tara has been in hairdressing since she was 15, and said the experience has stood her in good stead to run her own business.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
"I think my prices are reasonable. I don't overcharge.
"People are happy to pay to get what they want, and I'm starting to see some new faces here."
Tara's mum Karen said: "I can only say that both me and her dad are extremely proud of what she's achieved in such a short amount of time, and at that age.
"She's obviously pretty good at it; people are seeking her out!