Businesswoman Tara hoping TLC salon is long-term success
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long. The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green. The salon only opened three weeks
STARTING a new business in the midst of economic turmoil may not sound like the most sensible idea, but try telling that to Tara Long.
The 23-year-old says business is booming at her new hair salon, TLC, in Woolmer Green.
The salon only opened three weeks ago, but Tara said bookings at the London Road studio are filling up nicely.
"I was a bit anxious about taking the big step," said the former Monk's Walk student.
You may also want to watch:
"But I have a good client basis, having lived in the village all my life, and that gave me the courage to do it."
Tara has been in hairdressing since she was 15, and said the experience has stood her in good stead to run her own business.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
"I think my prices are reasonable. I don't overcharge.
"People are happy to pay to get what they want, and I'm starting to see some new faces here."
Tara's mum Karen said: "I can only say that both me and her dad are extremely proud of what she's achieved in such a short amount of time, and at that age.
"She's obviously pretty good at it; people are seeking her out!