Businesses invited to sponsor roundabouts in South Mimms and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As part of Hertsmere Borough Council’s new enterprising drive, businesses can now sponsor roundabouts across the borough.
A select number of roundabouts with advertising boards in Hertsmere are now available for sponsorship, which ranges from £3,000 to £4,000 a year depending on location.
They have been chosen due to their location and high traffic flow rate, which make them ideal advertising locations for local businesses.
One of the roundabouts available is South Mimms Services in South Mimms, as well as the Trotters Bottom/ St Albans Road West roundabout in Potters Bar.
The move is one of a range of enterprising initiatives being adopted by the council to generate revenue, and is being operated on Hertsmere Borough Council’s behalf by St Albans City and District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Seamus Quilty, portfolio holder for environment and transport, said: “We are looking at alternative ways to generate income and sponsorship boards on roundabouts is just one of the ways we are working more innovatively.
“We have some attractive sites - which this scheme will help us maintain and improve.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
“These sites are seen by hundreds of thousands of pedestrians and drivers every day and it could be the perfect opportunity for local companies to promote their business and show their support for the local area.”
For more information visit www.hertsmere.gov.uk/roundabouts
If you are a local organisation or company interested in sponsoring one of the roundabouts contact firstname.lastname@example.org