Businesses invited to sponsor roundabouts in South Mimms and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As part of Hertsmere Borough Council’s new enterprising drive, businesses can now sponsor roundabouts across the borough.
A select number of roundabouts with advertising boards in Hertsmere are now available for sponsorship, which ranges from £3,000 to £4,000 a year depending on location.
They have been chosen due to their location and high traffic flow rate, which make them ideal advertising locations for local businesses.
One of the roundabouts available is South Mimms Services in South Mimms, as well as the Trotters Bottom/ St Albans Road West roundabout in Potters Bar.
The move is one of a range of enterprising initiatives being adopted by the council to generate revenue, and is being operated on Hertsmere Borough Council’s behalf by St Albans City and District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Seamus Quilty, portfolio holder for environment and transport, said: “We are looking at alternative ways to generate income and sponsorship boards on roundabouts is just one of the ways we are working more innovatively.
“We have some attractive sites - which this scheme will help us maintain and improve.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
“These sites are seen by hundreds of thousands of pedestrians and drivers every day and it could be the perfect opportunity for local companies to promote their business and show their support for the local area.”
For more information visit www.hertsmere.gov.uk/roundabouts
If you are a local organisation or company interested in sponsoring one of the roundabouts contact email@example.com