Businesses invited to sponsor roundabouts in South Mimms and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As part of Hertsmere Borough Council’s new enterprising drive, businesses can now sponsor roundabouts across the borough.
A select number of roundabouts with advertising boards in Hertsmere are now available for sponsorship, which ranges from £3,000 to £4,000 a year depending on location.
They have been chosen due to their location and high traffic flow rate, which make them ideal advertising locations for local businesses.
One of the roundabouts available is South Mimms Services in South Mimms, as well as the Trotters Bottom/ St Albans Road West roundabout in Potters Bar.
The move is one of a range of enterprising initiatives being adopted by the council to generate revenue, and is being operated on Hertsmere Borough Council’s behalf by St Albans City and District Council.
Councillor Seamus Quilty, portfolio holder for environment and transport, said: “We are looking at alternative ways to generate income and sponsorship boards on roundabouts is just one of the ways we are working more innovatively.
“We have some attractive sites - which this scheme will help us maintain and improve.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
“These sites are seen by hundreds of thousands of pedestrians and drivers every day and it could be the perfect opportunity for local companies to promote their business and show their support for the local area.”
For more information visit www.hertsmere.gov.uk/roundabouts
If you are a local organisation or company interested in sponsoring one of the roundabouts contact email@example.com