Business Secretary Vince Cable sensationally rules out ever being Lib Dem leader again
- Credit: Archant
SENIOR Lib Dem Cabinet Minister Vince Cable has ruled out ever leading the party again.
Dr Cable abandoned his hopes of being Lib Dem chief at a visit to the University of Hertfordshire, in Hatfield this morning (Monday).
The Business Secretary, who was acting leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2007, was visiting the uni as part of a Government drive to promote higher education.
When asked by the Welwyn Hatfield Times if he would rule out ever leading the party again, the MP for Twickenham said: “Yeah.
“The leadership is not an issue.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Nick Clegg is the leader of the party [and] we are all working with him.”
• For more on the Ministerial visit buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday.
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules