Business Secretary Vince Cable sensationally rules out ever being Lib Dem leader again
- Credit: Archant
SENIOR Lib Dem Cabinet Minister Vince Cable has ruled out ever leading the party again.
Dr Cable abandoned his hopes of being Lib Dem chief at a visit to the University of Hertfordshire, in Hatfield this morning (Monday).
The Business Secretary, who was acting leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2007, was visiting the uni as part of a Government drive to promote higher education.
When asked by the Welwyn Hatfield Times if he would rule out ever leading the party again, the MP for Twickenham said: “Yeah.
“The leadership is not an issue.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Nick Clegg is the leader of the party [and] we are all working with him.”
• For more on the Ministerial visit buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping