Business Secretary Vince Cable sensationally rules out ever being Lib Dem leader again
- Credit: Archant
SENIOR Lib Dem Cabinet Minister Vince Cable has ruled out ever leading the party again.
Dr Cable abandoned his hopes of being Lib Dem chief at a visit to the University of Hertfordshire, in Hatfield this morning (Monday).
The Business Secretary, who was acting leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2007, was visiting the uni as part of a Government drive to promote higher education.
When asked by the Welwyn Hatfield Times if he would rule out ever leading the party again, the MP for Twickenham said: “Yeah.
“The leadership is not an issue.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Nick Clegg is the leader of the party [and] we are all working with him.”
• For more on the Ministerial visit buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?