Business Secretary Vince Cable sensationally rules out ever being Lib Dem leader again
- Credit: Archant
SENIOR Lib Dem Cabinet Minister Vince Cable has ruled out ever leading the party again.
Dr Cable abandoned his hopes of being Lib Dem chief at a visit to the University of Hertfordshire, in Hatfield this morning (Monday).
The Business Secretary, who was acting leader of the Liberal Democrats in 2007, was visiting the uni as part of a Government drive to promote higher education.
When asked by the Welwyn Hatfield Times if he would rule out ever leading the party again, the MP for Twickenham said: “Yeah.
“The leadership is not an issue.”
He added: “Nick Clegg is the leader of the party [and] we are all working with him.”
• For more on the Ministerial visit buy the Welwyn Hatfield Times, out on Wednesday.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 5 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 6 Queensway House still not fully fireproof
- 7 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure