Business is baby booming for Welwyn Garden City mum
A MUM from WGC is taking her first baby steps into the world of business.
Nicola Findlater, a mum-of-two from Great North Road, WGC, has launched an online boutique for mothers and babies, offering a wide selection of high quality clothing and gifts for new parents and toddlers.
As a working parent, Nicola made the move into self-employment in order to spend more time at home with her two young sons, Thomas, two, and 16-month-old Edward.
“I’m currently in full time work and decided that it was time to work for myself and begin setting up a future for my family, allowing me to eventually be able to be at home for my children,” said Nicola, 30.
“When my boys were born, I was back to work after six weeks, as I couldn’t afford to keep a roof over their heads if I didn’t.
You may also want to watch:
“I decided after my second son was born that, if I couldn’t be there for them as babies, I sure as hell wasn’t going to miss out on their school plays and events too.”
Inspired by her two sons, Nicola set up her website, Edward Thomas, which she hopes over time will become a one-stop shop for all mother and babies clothing and gift needs”.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
“My site will be offering a quality shopping experience for mothers pre and post pregnancy, and babies from newborn to three years old, selling clothing and gifts, all packaged beautifully,” said Nicola, who lives with her fiancee Mark, two sons and stepdaughter Hannah, 11.
“The clothing has been specially sourced by myself, ensuring undeniable comfort and quality and washes up wonderfully.
“I have worked every spare minute I possibly can without it interfering with my full time job and my motherly duties.
“However, I know this is going to be all worthwhile and look forward to creating a less stressed home life for my family.”