Bus driver assaulted in Hatfield
A BUS driver was assaulted after getting into an argument with a passenger over an expired bus pass.
The attack took place on Tuesday, November 17, just after 5pm.
A passenger had attempted to get on board the UNO bus using a pass that had expired in June. The driver, a 42-year-old man from St Albans, took the pass off the passenger, explaining it was no longer valid.
The passenger then paid the fare and got on board.
But at the bus stop for the University of Hertfordshire’s College Lane campus in Hatfield, the passenger grabbed the bus driver’s arm, and removed the confiscated bus pass from the victim’s shirt pocket.
You may also want to watch:
He then got off the bus and ran towards The Forum entertainment venue.
The offender is described as a black man in his late teens/early 20s, approximately 6ft tall, slim build, with short black hair. He was wearing a smart grey suit and black tie with a white shirt.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Contact police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.