Bus catches fire in hatfield
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield. At around 3pm this afternoon (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, on the corner of Furzen Crescent
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield.
At around 3pm today (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated 603 bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, near the the corner of Furzen Crescent.
Traffic was diverted through Garden Avenue as firefighters extinguished the flames.
Eyewitness Joe Broughton took these dramatic photos, and told the WHT the blaze almost destroyed the entire vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The bus was alight for about 15 minutes until the fire brigade and police turned up.
“Fortunately no-one was hurt.”
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday