Bus catches fire in hatfield
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield. At around 3pm this afternoon (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, on the corner of Furzen Crescent
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield.
At around 3pm today (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated 603 bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, near the the corner of Furzen Crescent.
Traffic was diverted through Garden Avenue as firefighters extinguished the flames.
Eyewitness Joe Broughton took these dramatic photos, and told the WHT the blaze almost destroyed the entire vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The bus was alight for about 15 minutes until the fire brigade and police turned up.
“Fortunately no-one was hurt.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement