Bus catches fire in hatfield
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield. At around 3pm this afternoon (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, on the corner of Furzen Crescent
A BUS has caught fire in Hatfield.
At around 3pm today (Tuesday), the single decker, Uno-operated 603 bus caught fire on Bishops Rise, near the the corner of Furzen Crescent.
Traffic was diverted through Garden Avenue as firefighters extinguished the flames.
Eyewitness Joe Broughton took these dramatic photos, and told the WHT the blaze almost destroyed the entire vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The bus was alight for about 15 minutes until the fire brigade and police turned up.
“Fortunately no-one was hurt.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire