Burglars raid Potters Bar home
A WIDESCREEN television and a laptop were stolen during a burglary in Potters Bar.
Thieves forced their way into a property in Albemarle Avenue in the early hours of Tuesday, April 19, walking away with a 40in Sony LCD television and a Toshiba laptop.
The burglars gained access through the UPVC front door, which had not been double locked, and police are once again urging residents to always double lock these particular types of doors.
Detective sergeant Yvonne Carroll, investigating, said: “The resident at the house thought it was secure enough to just lock the front door once, without double locking it.
“I just want to take this opportunity to remind people to always double lock their UPVC doors when they go out or when they go to bed at night.”
You may also want to watch:
The burglary happened between just after midnight and 6am.
Detective sergeant Carroll added: “I would also like to appeal for anyone with information on the burglary or who saw any suspicious activity around the time it took place to get in touch.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences