Burglars raid homes in Welwyn Garden City
TWO house burglaries which took place in WGC are being linked by police.
The first, in Lytton Gardens, occurred between 8.30am and 7.30pm on Tuesday.
The second, in Longcroft Lane, took place the following day, Wednesday, between 6.30am and 12.45pm.
In both cases burglars broke into the house at the rear while the owners were out.
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “In the first incident an iPod nano, credit cards, two pairs of gold earrings and a handbag was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“In the second incident a shovel in the back garden was used to force open the rear door.
“Fortunately the only thing stolen in that break-in was loose change.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
She added: “I would urge people to make sure their valuables, inside and outside of their homes, are kept secure and locked.”
If you have any information about either burglary call police on 0845 33 00 222.