Burglars raid homes in Welwyn Garden City
TWO house burglaries which took place in WGC are being linked by police.
The first, in Lytton Gardens, occurred between 8.30am and 7.30pm on Tuesday.
The second, in Longcroft Lane, took place the following day, Wednesday, between 6.30am and 12.45pm.
In both cases burglars broke into the house at the rear while the owners were out.
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “In the first incident an iPod nano, credit cards, two pairs of gold earrings and a handbag was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“In the second incident a shovel in the back garden was used to force open the rear door.
“Fortunately the only thing stolen in that break-in was loose change.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
She added: “I would urge people to make sure their valuables, inside and outside of their homes, are kept secure and locked.”
If you have any information about either burglary call police on 0845 33 00 222.