Burglars raid homes in Welwyn Garden City
TWO house burglaries which took place in WGC are being linked by police.
The first, in Lytton Gardens, occurred between 8.30am and 7.30pm on Tuesday.
The second, in Longcroft Lane, took place the following day, Wednesday, between 6.30am and 12.45pm.
In both cases burglars broke into the house at the rear while the owners were out.
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “In the first incident an iPod nano, credit cards, two pairs of gold earrings and a handbag was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“In the second incident a shovel in the back garden was used to force open the rear door.
“Fortunately the only thing stolen in that break-in was loose change.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
She added: “I would urge people to make sure their valuables, inside and outside of their homes, are kept secure and locked.”
If you have any information about either burglary call police on 0845 33 00 222.