Burglars raid homes in Welwyn Garden City
TWO house burglaries which took place in WGC are being linked by police.
The first, in Lytton Gardens, occurred between 8.30am and 7.30pm on Tuesday.
The second, in Longcroft Lane, took place the following day, Wednesday, between 6.30am and 12.45pm.
In both cases burglars broke into the house at the rear while the owners were out.
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “In the first incident an iPod nano, credit cards, two pairs of gold earrings and a handbag was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“In the second incident a shovel in the back garden was used to force open the rear door.
“Fortunately the only thing stolen in that break-in was loose change.”
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
She added: “I would urge people to make sure their valuables, inside and outside of their homes, are kept secure and locked.”
If you have any information about either burglary call police on 0845 33 00 222.