Burglars leave perfume trail in Potters Bar
CLUMSY burglars left a perfume trail for police after swiping fragrances worth hundreds of pounds in a smash and grab midnight raid at a chemist. The raiders forced open the back door of Boots in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, before helping themselves to a
CLUMSY burglars left a perfume trail for police after swiping fragrances worth hundreds of pounds in a smash and grab midnight raid at a chemist.
The raiders forced open the back door of Boots in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, before helping themselves to a number of bottles of cologne.
They then fled the store through the same door but dropped a couple of bottles during their escape.
This allowed officers to conclude the thieves scarpered in the direction of the public car park in Manor Road.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the investigation, CCTV stills have been released to the Potters Bar Edition.
Sgt Muhammed Islam said: "I would urge anyone who may have been in the area at the time and saw any suspicious behaviour - or if anyone recognises those pictured in the CCTV images - to get in contact.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
"We believe those pictured could help us with information that could prove crucial to our investigation."
He added: "I would also be interested to speak to anyone who has been offered perfume for sale."
A Boots spokeswoman said: "We can confirm an incident took place in the Boots store in Potters Bar in the early hours of October 12.
"This is a police matter and we are continuing to assist them with their enquiries."
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.