Burglars leave perfume trail in Potters Bar
CLUMSY burglars left a perfume trail for police after swiping fragrances worth hundreds of pounds in a smash and grab midnight raid at a chemist. The raiders forced open the back door of Boots in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, before helping themselves to a
CLUMSY burglars left a perfume trail for police after swiping fragrances worth hundreds of pounds in a smash and grab midnight raid at a chemist.
The raiders forced open the back door of Boots in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, before helping themselves to a number of bottles of cologne.
They then fled the store through the same door but dropped a couple of bottles during their escape.
This allowed officers to conclude the thieves scarpered in the direction of the public car park in Manor Road.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the investigation, CCTV stills have been released to the Potters Bar Edition.
Sgt Muhammed Islam said: "I would urge anyone who may have been in the area at the time and saw any suspicious behaviour - or if anyone recognises those pictured in the CCTV images - to get in contact.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
"We believe those pictured could help us with information that could prove crucial to our investigation."
He added: "I would also be interested to speak to anyone who has been offered perfume for sale."
A Boots spokeswoman said: "We can confirm an incident took place in the Boots store in Potters Bar in the early hours of October 12.
"This is a police matter and we are continuing to assist them with their enquiries."
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.