Burglars hammer through roof of Welwyn Garden City newsagents
BURGLARS have smashed their way through the roof of a newsagents.
The break-in, which caused more than �1,000 worth of damage to Huttons Newsagents in WGC, occurred last night (Tuesday).
At around 11.15pm three men, in their 20s, ripped tiles off the rooftop and hammered their way through the plaster board on the ceiling of the shop floor.
They scarpered, empty-handed, after the alarm went off.
A police spokeswoman said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time and saw any suspicious behaviour to contact us immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'