Burglars hammer through roof of Welwyn Garden City newsagents
BURGLARS have smashed their way through the roof of a newsagents.
The break-in, which caused more than �1,000 worth of damage to Huttons Newsagents in WGC, occurred last night (Tuesday).
At around 11.15pm three men, in their 20s, ripped tiles off the rooftop and hammered their way through the plaster board on the ceiling of the shop floor.
They scarpered, empty-handed, after the alarm went off.
A police spokeswoman said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time and saw any suspicious behaviour to contact us immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield