Budget hopes for cuts to red tape
- Credit: Archant
The leader of Welwyn Hatfield’s business community, chamber of commerce chairman Nick Brown, hopes for cuts to regulation in Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget today.
Mr Brown told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Clearly London is starting to fire on all cylinders, but in Hertfordshire the recovery is fragile and sporadic.
“We are working hard to build areas of excellence within our community and create hubs where that excellence can thrive.
“One barrier major to this is the red tape and we applaud any activity that reduces that burden upon business.
“We are running a budget review event at the BioPark on the morning of April 16.
You may also want to watch:
“This will be a considered view once the dust has settled and will contain a number of tax planning recommendations.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes