Brookmans Park college unveils further building plans
FURTHER plans for the redevelopment of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park have been unveiled.
As previously reported in the Welwyn Hatfield Times, proposals for a new teaching and research centre at the RVC’s Hawkshead Lane campus are currently awaiting final approval from Communities Secretary John Denham.
And now, bosses at the college have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to pull down and replace one of its halls of residence.
If approved, the application would see Northumberland Hall razed to the ground and replaced with a building containing 191 student bedrooms and a refectory.
Under the plans, a swimming pool, squash courts and maintenance buildings would also be demolished.
You may also want to watch:
The plans are currently open to public consultation until December 16.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre