Brookmans Park college unveils further building plans
FURTHER plans for the redevelopment of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park have been unveiled.
As previously reported in the Welwyn Hatfield Times, proposals for a new teaching and research centre at the RVC’s Hawkshead Lane campus are currently awaiting final approval from Communities Secretary John Denham.
And now, bosses at the college have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to pull down and replace one of its halls of residence.
If approved, the application would see Northumberland Hall razed to the ground and replaced with a building containing 191 student bedrooms and a refectory.
Under the plans, a swimming pool, squash courts and maintenance buildings would also be demolished.
You may also want to watch:
The plans are currently open to public consultation until December 16.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station