Brookmans Park college unveils further building plans
FURTHER plans for the redevelopment of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in Brookmans Park have been unveiled.
As previously reported in the Welwyn Hatfield Times, proposals for a new teaching and research centre at the RVC’s Hawkshead Lane campus are currently awaiting final approval from Communities Secretary John Denham.
And now, bosses at the college have asked Welwyn Hatfield Council for permission to pull down and replace one of its halls of residence.
If approved, the application would see Northumberland Hall razed to the ground and replaced with a building containing 191 student bedrooms and a refectory.
Under the plans, a swimming pool, squash courts and maintenance buildings would also be demolished.
You may also want to watch:
The plans are currently open to public consultation until December 16.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return