Brookmans park chef tastes victory in TV final
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday). The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday).
The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV Food programme Market Kitchen.
Ben will now get to present his very own recipe, griddled pork with leek and butterbean cassoulet, from London's Borough Market, assisted by Jamie Oliver's prot�g� Aaron Craze.
Ben, studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, said winning the competition was "surreal".
You may also want to watch:
"It was a big surprise, but I'm obviously really pleased," he said.
"I'm really looking forward to going on location with Aaron Craze and making my ideal student recipe, with seasonal ingredients from Borough Market.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
"Then there's also the trip to Rick Stein's seafood school in Padstow (Cornwall), which has been arranged for Easter."
Ben will be back in Times Territory at the end of the month, giving tips to students at his old alumni, Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park.
An episode of Market Kitchen featuring Ben presenting his recipe is due to be broadcast on UKTV Food in early April.