Brookmans park chef tastes victory in TV final
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday). The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday).
The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV Food programme Market Kitchen.
Ben will now get to present his very own recipe, griddled pork with leek and butterbean cassoulet, from London's Borough Market, assisted by Jamie Oliver's prot�g� Aaron Craze.
Ben, studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, said winning the competition was "surreal".
You may also want to watch:
"It was a big surprise, but I'm obviously really pleased," he said.
"I'm really looking forward to going on location with Aaron Craze and making my ideal student recipe, with seasonal ingredients from Borough Market.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
"Then there's also the trip to Rick Stein's seafood school in Padstow (Cornwall), which has been arranged for Easter."
Ben will be back in Times Territory at the end of the month, giving tips to students at his old alumni, Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park.
An episode of Market Kitchen featuring Ben presenting his recipe is due to be broadcast on UKTV Food in early April.