Brookmans park chef tastes victory in TV final
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday). The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV
VICTORY must have tasted sweet for Ben Ebbrell, as he was crowned king of cuisine on national television last night (Friday).
The 21-year-old cookery student won a nationwide search to find a new celebrity chef, which had been broadcast all week on UKTV Food programme Market Kitchen.
Ben will now get to present his very own recipe, griddled pork with leek and butterbean cassoulet, from London's Borough Market, assisted by Jamie Oliver's prot�g� Aaron Craze.
Ben, studying culinary arts management in Birmingham, said winning the competition was "surreal".
You may also want to watch:
"It was a big surprise, but I'm obviously really pleased," he said.
"I'm really looking forward to going on location with Aaron Craze and making my ideal student recipe, with seasonal ingredients from Borough Market.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
"Then there's also the trip to Rick Stein's seafood school in Padstow (Cornwall), which has been arranged for Easter."
Ben will be back in Times Territory at the end of the month, giving tips to students at his old alumni, Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park.
An episode of Market Kitchen featuring Ben presenting his recipe is due to be broadcast on UKTV Food in early April.