Boy sailor is new star of The Sims
SAILING superkid Michael Perham has been recreated as a Sim character in honour of his globe-trotting adventures.
In August, the 17-year-old became the youngest person to sail solo around the world.
Now publisher EA has announced Michael as the latest downloadable content addition for The Sims 3 World Adventures – the first expansion for the latest game in the Sims franchise.
The game allows players to take Michael to destinations such as China, Egypt or France, to conquer challenges, find treasures, discover what’s lurking in hidden caves and more.
Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue, Potters Bar, said: “My life has been like one long adventure for the past few years, so this game has got my name written all over it.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit scary seeing a computer game character of yourself! It’s a good likeness though, very like me.”
Michael, a former pupil of Chancellor’s School in Brookmans Park, added: “I’m concentrating on college at the moment, but having my own character in the game will allow me to continue travelling and adventuring, even if only in a virtual world!”
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday