Boy, 14, moved to London hospital after Sonisphere freak accident
A BOY thrown from a fairground ride at the Sonisphere Festival has been moved to a London hospital for specialist treatment. The 14-year-old was catapulted from the ride and into a row of portable toilets in the grounds of Knebworth House, where the heavy
A BOY thrown from a fairground ride at the Sonisphere Festival has been moved to a London hospital for specialist treatment.
The 14-year-old was catapulted from the ride and into a row of portable toilets in the grounds of Knebworth House, where the heavy metal festival was taking place.
He was rushed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage with "life-threatening" chest injuries after the accident, at 2.30pm on Saturday.
He also injured a wrist and an ankle.
You may also want to watch:
An NHS spokesman confirmed to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times today (Tuesday) that the boy, from Hemel Hempstead, had been transferred to St Mary's Hospital.
His condition remains stable.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
The freak accident is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive.