Borough council speaks out following Welwyn Hatfield 10k homes decision
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021. Mandy Perkins, the borough council s executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021.
Mandy Perkins, the borough council's executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news a cautious welcome.
"Until we have seen the judgement, we do not know the full extent of how this news will affect the borough," she said.
"We are hopeful that this ruling will mean very good news for Welwyn Hatfield and that our coveted green belt space will not be under threat from such high levels of imposed development.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "As we are still awaiting confirmation of what this will mean for the council and the borough, we will have to wait and see.
"We are hoping that the ruling will stand in our favour.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire