Borough council speaks out following Welwyn Hatfield 10k homes decision
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021. Mandy Perkins, the borough council s executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021.
Mandy Perkins, the borough council's executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news a cautious welcome.
"Until we have seen the judgement, we do not know the full extent of how this news will affect the borough," she said.
"We are hopeful that this ruling will mean very good news for Welwyn Hatfield and that our coveted green belt space will not be under threat from such high levels of imposed development.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "As we are still awaiting confirmation of what this will mean for the council and the borough, we will have to wait and see.
"We are hoping that the ruling will stand in our favour.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 5 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield