Borough council speaks out following Welwyn Hatfield 10k homes decision
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021. Mandy Perkins, the borough council s executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021.
Mandy Perkins, the borough council's executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news a cautious welcome.
"Until we have seen the judgement, we do not know the full extent of how this news will affect the borough," she said.
"We are hopeful that this ruling will mean very good news for Welwyn Hatfield and that our coveted green belt space will not be under threat from such high levels of imposed development.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "As we are still awaiting confirmation of what this will mean for the council and the borough, we will have to wait and see.
"We are hoping that the ruling will stand in our favour.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town