Borough council speaks out following Welwyn Hatfield 10k homes decision
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021. Mandy Perkins, the borough council s executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news
AN environmental champion has reacted to the High Court defeat of government plans to build 10,000 homes in Welwyn Hatfield by 2021.
Mandy Perkins, the borough council's executive member for planning and environmental health, gave the news a cautious welcome.
"Until we have seen the judgement, we do not know the full extent of how this news will affect the borough," she said.
"We are hopeful that this ruling will mean very good news for Welwyn Hatfield and that our coveted green belt space will not be under threat from such high levels of imposed development.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "As we are still awaiting confirmation of what this will mean for the council and the borough, we will have to wait and see.
"We are hoping that the ruling will stand in our favour.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM